Saturday, February 11, 2006

What Philosophy Do I Follow?


Yet another confirmation of my primary life philosophy:

You scored as Existentialism.
Your life is guided by the concept of Existentialism:
You choose the meaning and purpose of your life.

Man is condemned to be free;
because once thrown into the world,
he is responsible for everything he does.
It is up to you to give [life] a meaning.
--Jean-Paul Sartre

It is man's natural sickness to believe
that he possesses the Truth.
--Blaise Pascal



Existentialism


100%

Hedonism


90%

Utilitarianism


70%

Divine Command


50%

Strong Egoism


45%

Justice (Fairness)


30%

Nihilism


20%

Apathy


10%

Kantianism


5%

What philosophy do you follow? (v1.03)
created with QuizFarm.com

6 comments:

. nothing . said...

100 % Existentialism, wow! Only I don't get that 90 % Hedonism and your Divine Command, they are totally opposite I guess. Also you are less self-concerned (look at that poorly Strong Egoism) but Hedonist enough to enjoy the world, hmmm?! Anyway... I'd only say; poor Kant!

I checked the site and scored also Existentialist with 95 %, fair enough for me :-) But the funniest was Divine Command with 0 % but that's not a surprise I guess :-)

Take care.

. nothing . said...

>> Here it comes again.. As you wish :-)

100 % Existentialism, wow! Only I don't get that 90 % Hedonism and your Divine Command, they are totally opposite I guess. Also you are less self-concerned (look at that poorly "Strong Egoism") but Hedonist enough to enjoy the world, hmmm?! Anyway... I'd only say; poor Kant!

I checked the site and scored also Existentialist with 95 %, fair enough for me :-) But the funniest was Divine Command with 0 % but that's not a surprise I guess :-)

Take care.

PS: I feel much better today. The healing thoughts you send helped a bit I guess :-)

Sphinx said...

Hey M...thanks on the resend.

As I mentioned, your results don't really surprise me...although I would have imagined you would have scored higher on hedonism!

My high score in hedonism and fairly low score in strong egoism is shown in the fact that while yes, I do seek pleasure for myself, I also seek it so it can be shared with others. Maybe its not such a paradox after all.

Thanks again.

Sphinx said...

Oh...and glad you're feeling better!

Sphinx said...

My high score in Divine Command is more interesting the more I think about it. Especially with you and P scoring 0%. I think it may be due to the fact that my religion (I prefer to call it a philosophy) that has actually given my devoid little life some meaning. I'm glad it's only 50% though. I believe it shows a healthy skeptisism, which even Buddha himself would have encouraged.

I do fully respect both of your beliefs, though, whatever they may be

Sphinx said...

I like making comments on my own blog. Makes me look popular.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(crazy like that)