Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Fragile Peace


Don't you know it's delicate
This fragile peace I keep?
Embraced by a serenity
Calmer than the deepest sleep

Have you felt the endless afflictions
Of meaninglessness and void?
Or know why I wish to liberate
This defeated humanoid?

It's the decades that have seized me
And made the hours an epic poem
Each emotion, each experience
A lonely chapter in the tome

So jaded by the pointless stories
Of wasted sentiment
Of verses of life's emptiness
And songs of sanity's ferment

In times like these, however
This dark burden melts away
The desolation and futility
Transformed from night to day

But don't you know it's delicate
This fragile peace I keep?
Embraced by a serenity
Calmer than the deepest sleep...

2 comments:

..Insane_Racounter.. said...

M,
"But don't you know it's delicate
This fragile peace I keep?"...


The fragility of a broken heart,
and a serene...soul..can't be put in better words...

"Of verses of life's emptiness
And songs of sanity's ferment"

The eternal recurrence... well put...!

Keep them coming.. I'm gloating my senses.. :) with your words..

P

Sphinx said...

P,

The fragility I was referring to was not my heart, rather this feeling of well-being...which, in a sense IS my heart...so I suppose your interpretation isn't far off, after all. My heart may be scarred...but it still beats strong. If anything breaks it will be my mind. LOL

Eternal recurrence...EXACTLY...sounds like you have developed quite an understanding for the "Nietzschean" part of existence.

You MUST read Thus Spoke Zarathustra. It's 'right up your alley'. :-)

Glad you enjoy.

M